Peculiar Battery Drain on the OS X Mavericks...

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a MacBook Air. Now, I have a tropical problem. The battery drains even AFTER I shut it down. I don't get this...I click on power off..but the next time I boot up, it has some amount of battery drained.

Like today, I started it after a long time, and it just won't boot, why? It's completely out of juice.

Any help?

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a defective battery to me. Your battery should not drain so much even if the MBA was just in sleep mode. I would take it an Apple store to get checked out.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I actually observed it for a few days..and this is what I gathered: On Sunday, it was 96% when I shut it. Then I opened it today, Saturday, a week later, and it was 84%. After 5 days, it was about 12% down...don't think that's a problem. Is it?

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's a problem. Mavericks has certain settings that can briefly wake the laptop up to do certain simple tasks like checking email. I believe you can turn that off it the energy preferences.
Now if you actually turned it off rather than just closing the lid, then I would say that's too much battery drain.

No..I absolutely shut it down..from the options on top left... also, I will look for that setting and see it if can shut it down..

Thanks for your reply... :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73