hi

thanx for your Best Furom

i have a questtion about , OS X !

is this like windows in 64 bit or 32 bit ?

for example , my Mavericks is 32 bit ? or not ther is a simple Version of OS X . all is 64bit ?

-------------------

sry if i ask my question like that ! i creat a Topic , is there any topic for my question ? SRY anyway
    05-22-2014 04:27 AM
    hi

thanx for your Best Furom

i have a questtion about , OS X !

is this like windows in 64 bit or 32 bit ?

for example , my Mavericks is 32 bit ? or not ther is a simple Version of OS X . all is 64bit ?

-------------------

sry if i ask my question like that ! i creat a Topic , is there any topic for my question ? SRY anyway
    Yes. Mavericks is an only-64-bit OS. Same with Mountain Lion, Lion, and many of the previous versions.
    05-22-2014 10:01 AM
    Yes. Mavericks is an only-64-bit OS. Same with Mountain Lion, Lion, and many of the previous versions.
    Thanx for ur Answer , is ther any problem if i ask my question like this ( Creat a Topic ) ??
    05-23-2014 04:07 AM
    Apologies for nitpicking, but when you say "many of the previous versions", I think you mean only "Snow Leopard". I am pretty sure that was the first version of OSX to offer 64-bit.
    05-25-2014 03:02 AM
    Apologies for nitpicking, but when you say "many of the previous versions", I think you mean only "Snow Leopard". I am pretty sure that was the first version of OSX to offer 64-bit.
    No. I meant “many of the previous versions”. The 64-bit kernel was included starting with 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and has been there ever since - including, as I said, “Mountain Lion [and] Lion”. That’s 4 of 9 versions. I stand by my comment.
    05-25-2014 10:51 AM
    To continue the nitpickingI think 4 generations of OSX (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks) counts as "many of the previous versions".
    05-25-2014 10:52 AM
    No. I meant many of the previous versions. The 64-bit kernel was included starting with 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and has been there ever since - including, as I said, Mountain Lion [and] Lion. Thats 4 of 9 versions. I stand by my comment.
    I'm not sure why you would. You listed three of the four before you said "AND many of the previous versions." So, you were not truthful in your comment. I'm not trying to sound rude, but you don't want to give false information.
    05-25-2014 11:27 AM