Should Apple release a beta like this to the public?
    04-25-2014 02:51 PM
    Hmmmm....I'm not sure. Because it's Apple we're dealing with, anything good or bad from it can be considered front page news. If millions download the beta, ignore the risks associated with beta software, and then muck up their machines, it would be reported that Apple's latest OS X version wreaks havoc on user's machine instead of placing a good deal of blame on the user as well as ignoring the fact that the software is beta and not ready for wide consumption.
    04-25-2014 02:57 PM
    Hmmmm....I'm not sure. Because it's Apple we're dealing with, anything good or bad from it can be considered front page news. If millions download the beta, ignore the risks associated with beta software, and then muck up their machines, it would be reported that Apple's latest OS X version wreaks havoc on user's machine instead of placing a good deal of blame on the user as well as ignoring the fact that the software is beta and not ready for wide consumption.
    OS X 10.9.3 beta runs better than 10.9.2 on my MBA....

iOS > Android! OS X > Windows!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-25-2014 03:03 PM
    Along with the above, I'm worried this is going to cause problems with Mac AppStore reviews once OSX 10.10 is released and some apps inevitably don't work. I hope apple will be able to block reviews from people on the beta.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-25-2014 05:59 PM