Mavericks dropping audio, is there a fix for it? - This has to do with MBP.

It seems that mainly when listening to or streaming music the audio will just completely drop and stop working and then come back. Any help?
    03-07-2014 08:24 AM

It seems that mainly when listening to or streaming music the audio will just completely drop and stop working and then come back. Any help?
    If it's doing this and shutting down, I'd say it's the hardware. Try reinstalling OS X.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    03-07-2014 08:38 AM

Apparently it’s a known issue. Leo Laporte talks about it quite a bit on Mac Break Weekly.

Found this link:
    Losing Audio in OS X Mavericks? Here's what you can do about it! | iMore

And from what I’ve read online, the betas for 10.9.3 have started, and "audio" is one of the areas of focus, so hopefully we’ll see a fix soon.
    03-07-2014 10:01 AM
    Apparently its a known issue. Leo Laporte talks about it quite a bit on Mac Break Weekly.

Found this link:
    Losing Audio in OS X Mavericks? Here's what you can do about it! | iMore

And from what Ive read online, the betas for 10.9.3 have started, and "audio" is one of the areas of focus, so hopefully well see a fix soon.
    Yes the 10.9.3 first beta was released yesterday.
    03-07-2014 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD