I have noticed that when I attempt to upload a file finder seems to take forever to display the contents of a folder, I have had this problem since the first beta (on a different machine) ... Has anyone else noticed this problem? Any solutions?
    12-07-2013 10:45 AM
    Not necessarily. The only folder that takes a while to display contents is the DropBox folder, but that's in part due to it syncing with DropBox online.
    12-07-2013 10:15 PM
    I've noticed it sporadically and only in one specific circumstance. When I'm using iBank and I go to import a file I previously downloaded from my bank and the file dialog opens to let me select the file, sometimes it seems a bit slow showing the contents of my download folder. But smite very sporadic and I always assumed it was iBank, not Finder.
    12-07-2013 11:40 PM
    I have noticed that when I attempt to upload a file finder seems to take forever to display the contents of a folder, I have had this problem since the first beta (on a different machine) ... Has anyone else noticed this problem? Any solutions?
    I'm noticing the same thing, even after a clean install of Mavericks. It's much worse on my work iMac than it is on my home one. Seems to happen with just about any file selection dialogue.
    12-10-2013 06:06 AM
    I had a lot of issues with my MacBook when I updated to Mavericks. A clean install took care of it though. I'm a little surprised your experience didn't improve. You might want to run some hard drive diagnostics. How much RAM do you have?
    12-10-2013 07:36 AM
    I had a lot of issues with my MacBook when I updated to Mavericks. A clean install took care of it though. I'm a little surprised your experience didn't improve. You might want to run some hard drive diagnostics. How much RAM do you have?
    12GB on my home machine, 4GB on my work one. It only seems to be the initial load of the dialog that's slow, subsequent ones are fine.

Both hard drive are healthy, permissions are fine etc.
    12-11-2013 06:13 AM
    Everything is just slow on Mavericks compared to ML. Mavericks consumes all the available RAM.
    12-19-2013 01:10 PM
    Everything is just slow on Mavericks compared to ML. Mavericks consumes all the available RAM.
    That's contrary to my experience... my early 2008 MacBook Pro functions quite well... certainly no worse than previous versions of OSX.
    thejerryong likes this.
    12-19-2013 01:16 PM
    That's contrary to my experience... my early 2008 MacBook Pro functions quite well... certainly no worse than previous versions of OSX.
    Same here. Mavericks runs well on my early 2009 model MacBook, and if it wasn't for my non-functioning display, I would still consider it perfect...
    thejerryong likes this.
    12-19-2013 02:29 PM
    My 2011 MBP with 8GB RAM runs slow. The boot-up takes longer compared to ML.
    12-26-2013 01:14 PM
    Same here. Mavericks runs well on my early 2009 model MacBook, and if it wasn't for my non-functioning display, I would still consider it perfect...
    Mine just boots up slower compared to ML. I was thinking also that the Adobe Creative Cloud apps aren't compatible yet with Mavericks.
    12-26-2013 01:15 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.
    12-27-2013 08:44 PM
    You guys realize that "works well" is completely different for everyone, right?

What's Ok for someone is unacceptable for others. Everyone has different usage scenarios, apps, hardware, and most of all, perception.

Bickering about what runs fine for whom is completely pointless.
    01-05-2014 06:30 PM