Finder seems slow on Mavericks, anyone else seeing this?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that when I attempt to upload a file finder seems to take forever to display the contents of a folder, I have had this problem since the first beta (on a different machine) ... Has anyone else noticed this problem? Any solutions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily. The only folder that takes a while to display contents is the DropBox folder, but that's in part due to it syncing with DropBox online.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that when I attempt to upload a file finder seems to take forever to display the contents of a folder, I have had this problem since the first beta (on a different machine) ... Has anyone else noticed this problem? Any solutions?

I'm noticing the same thing, even after a clean install of Mavericks. It's much worse on my work iMac than it is on my home one. Seems to happen with just about any file selection dialogue.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I had a lot of issues with my MacBook when I updated to Mavericks. A clean install took care of it though. I'm a little surprised your experience didn't improve. You might want to run some hard drive diagnostics. How much RAM do you have?

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I had a lot of issues with my MacBook when I updated to Mavericks. A clean install took care of it though. I'm a little surprised your experience didn't improve. You might want to run some hard drive diagnostics. How much RAM do you have?

12GB on my home machine, 4GB on my work one. It only seems to be the initial load of the dialog that's slow, subsequent ones are fine.

Both hard drive are healthy, permissions are fine etc.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's contrary to my experience... my early 2008 MacBook Pro functions quite well... certainly no worse than previous versions of OSX.

Same here. Mavericks runs well on my early 2009 model MacBook, and if it wasn't for my non-functioning display, I would still consider it perfect...:)

thejerryong

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Mavericks runs well on my early 2009 model MacBook, and if it wasn't for my non-functioning display, I would still consider it perfect...:)

Mine just boots up slower compared to ML. I was thinking also that the Adobe Creative Cloud apps aren't compatible yet with Mavericks.

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You guys realize that "works well" is completely different for everyone, right?

What's Ok for someone is unacceptable for others. Everyone has different usage scenarios, apps, hardware, and most of all, perception.

Bickering about what runs fine for whom is completely pointless.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73