OSX wake up problems

gerryblanco

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone experienced a problem waking up your Mac laptop on Mavericks? At random after putting my MacBook Pro to sleep I have been unable to wake it up. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The only way I am able to use my laptop when waking up fails is to force it to shutdown then start it again.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore,

I had this happen a couple times prior to the last Mavericks update, apple did release a update that covered the keyboard and trackpad not responding, have you checked to make sure that there are no updates awaiting your Mac?

gerryblanco

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty good at keeping up with all updates so I have the latest 10.9 It's happen about 4 times since Mavericks came out but maybe no more... I have to wait and see. Thanks

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't have this exact problem, but have observed the following twice after pressing power button to resume from sleep.

The mouse cursor is no longer an arrow, but looks almost like a string of Arabic text, or a pair of compressed butterfly wings. Not only is there the strange text or characters, but a small multicolor area surrounding the text.

The mouse is unresponsive and then after 30 seconds or so, normal function and cursor display resumes. Will try to get a photo if it happens again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73