Macos Mail Rules

KnLnd

Aug 28, 2022
Visit site
I have a long list of mail to go directly to spam. It is contained in rule named 'Delete'. I would like to alphabetize this list in order to more easily check it for duplicates and to look for any addresses that I no longer wish to have directly sent to spam. How can I alphabetize this list?

In that there may be no way to easily alphabetize this list, I would like to know where Apple stores this list of addresses... what file in what directory?

Thanx...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a long list of mail to go directly to spam. It is contained in rule named 'Delete'. I would like to alphabetize this list in order to more easily check it for duplicates and to look for any addresses that I no longer wish to have directly sent to spam. How can I alphabetize this list?

In that there may be no way to easily alphabetize this list, I would like to know where Apple stores this list of addresses... what file in what directory?

Thanx...

I’ve nothing to add bit want to welcome you to iMore!

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

You might be able to interact with the list with AppleScript. I looked at the documentation in Script Editor (documentation is in Script Editor under the Window menu and the Library option). There is an a framework called Mail Framework. Unfortunately, that's about as much as Apple scripting I know.

As for the storage location, the app stores the rules in the ~/Library/Mail/V9/SyncedRules.plist file. Allow me to stress to not modify that file at any time. You might corrupt your Apple Mail installation, or even your iCloud account because these are synced over iCloud​.