Contact Issue

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Please move post if necessary.

I have a phone, mac and iPad all running the latest versions. I noticed on devices and Mac the Contacts are different but my devices match what is in iCloud. I am signed in to all devices and Screen Time is turned off across the board.

iCloud- Contacts match the phone and iPad
Phone and iPad- Contact match each other and iCloud
Mac- Contacts is different than iCloud and other devices

With that said, if I go to iCloud to delete a Contact record then I get this "Deleting Contacts is not allowed. Your Screen Time settings do not allow you to delete your contacts" message.

How do I fix this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Please move post if necessary.

I have a phone, mac and iPad all running the latest versions. I noticed on devices and Mac the Contacts are different but my devices match what is in iCloud. I am signed in to all devices and Screen Time is turned off across the board.

iCloud- Contacts match the phone and iPad
Phone and iPad- Contact match each other and iCloud
Mac- Contacts is different than iCloud and other devices

With that said, if I go to iCloud to delete a Contact record then I get this "Deleting Contacts is not allowed. Your Screen Time settings do not allow you to delete your contacts" message.

How do I fix this issue?

Are the contacts “shared with you”?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I suppose where I would start is in the Contacts app, open Preferences (Cmd-, is the shortcut key to open preferences), go to the "Accounts" pane. Is your Apple ID account turned on for sync? If you have other accounts, are any of them also turned on for sync?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234