Keychain Issue

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a teacher with a MacBook running Mojave. Periodically, keychain messages will appear asking for the password.

-imagent wants to use to the "login" keychain
-accountsd wants to use the "login" keychain
-identityservicesd wants....
-com.apple.icloudHelper wants....

After I enter the password for each one which is the same as the computer password then they temporarily go away. Unfortunately, there is no First Aid option.

What is the best way for the teacher to resolve this issue without losing any settings or information saved in Keychain?

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response. As you know Keychain First Aid is no longer an option in Mojave. Plus I don't want to reset anything and risk losing any of their information.

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure of your question, "Do the passwords for the account and keychain match?" but I do know that the computer password will temporarily dismiss those prompts. I guess the answer is- Yes. Does that answer your question?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure of your question, "Do the passwords for the account and keychain match?" but I do know that the computer password will temporarily dismiss those prompts. I guess the answer is- Yes. Does that answer your question?

That is exactly what I had in mind. I’ll need to check on my Mac tonight if there is something I can find as an idea.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711