Can't get my iPhone 8 to show up in the Finder so I can back it up and sync it. I am using a 2015 macbook pro with the latest Big Sur update. My phone is also updated to the current version. I have already checked if it's being detected by the USB and it shows it's fine. I have also checked my Finder sidebar options to see if the option to recognize iOS devices is checked and it is checked. I've restarted my phone and mac multiple times with no resolution. I don't get what the issue is.
    03-11-2021 10:25 AM
    Have you tried connecting the iPhone to a different port on the MacBook Pro to see if it’ll display via Finder?
    03-11-2021 08:26 PM
    Have you tried connecting the iPhone to a different port on the MacBook Pro to see if it’ll display via Finder?
    Yes only 2 ports and they both recognize the phone but won’t show in Finder
    03-12-2021 05:42 AM
    Have you tried rebooting both devices and using another cable?
    03-12-2021 06:07 AM
    Have you tried rebooting both devices and using another cable?
    I've stated that I have restarted both multiple times. I don't have another cable to try. The cable is not the issue though. The phone shows up under system information in the USB section. I found a workaround by using the Music app, the phone shows up in there, then I hit sync options and then it takes me to the Finder and lets me backup or sync or whatever but the phone still won't show in the sidebar.
    03-12-2021 07:07 AM
    I do not have a Mac, so I can't personally address this issue. However, I did find this article- "iPhone not showing up in Finder? Here's the fix!" that was posted on iMore last May. Hopefully, it will help.

If you want to submit feedback about this issue to Apple, here's a link. And finally, if all else fails, here's a link to Apple's Contact Support page.
    03-12-2021 08:24 AM
    I do not have a Mac, so I can't personally address this issue. However, I did find this article- "iPhone not showing up in Finder? Here's the fix!" that was posted on iMore last May. Hopefully, it will help.

If you want to submit feedback about this issue to Apple, here's a link. And finally, if all else fails, here's a link to Apple's Contact Support page.
    That just lists everything I already said I tried. Thanks
    03-12-2021 08:55 AM
    This is sort of a nuclear option, but there is always (on the iPhone) Settings / Reset / Reset Location & Privacy. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202778#change - you use this if you want to reset whether your phone trust a computer connection or not. This also means that all of you apps that use location services will be reset to the state as if they never used location services before, so your phone will get prompted like crazy again. But, this may work.
    Annie_M and scruffypig like this.
    03-12-2021 10:46 AM
    Thanks but I think I will stick to the workaround I figured out using the Music app.
    03-12-2021 11:10 AM