Which do you recommend? CleanMyMac, CCleaner, or PowerMyMac?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Guys,
Just wondering, which of the following do you recommend me?

• CleanMyMac

• CCleaner

• PowerMyMac

Please also tell me the reason WHY one is better then the other...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh dang. The only one I've used is CCleaner, but that was years ago. I liked it when I was using it, but I can't recall if I was using it on a PC or my old MacBook. Anyway, hopefully others will off their recommendations soon.

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Guys,
Just wondering, which of the following do you recommend me?

• CleanMyMac

• CCleaner

• PowerMyMac

Please also tell me the reason WHY one is better then the other...

I use CleanMyMac, but not for any reason other than I've never used anything else. CleanMyMac works for me so haven't felt the need to try anything else plus it's included in my SetApp subscription.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
None of these are necessary. Apple doesn't recommend them last I heard and sometimes they can do more harm than good. What are you looking to achieve by using these?

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
None of these are necessary. Apple doesn't recommend them last I heard and sometimes they can do more harm than good. What are you looking to achieve by using these?

I've had users create a mess or data loss without knowing via some automated clean up tools. It's not rocket science to empty deleted items and delete what's obviously not needed in Applications and these systems folders.

~/Library/
~/Library/caches

A duplicate finder app can be handy and you can use tremendously powerful and useful utilities like Beyond Compare (Scooter Software) to help manage things.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Fully agree. I have never used apps like this on a Mac. I'd be interested in knowing why OP wants to know about these as well.

RebaBarker

Jul 14, 2021
Visit site
I think PowerMyMac is very useful. Last time I used it to uninstall the software, it was very clean and there were no residual files. It's much more convenient than going to the system to find the residual files and then deleting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobyoung53

Aug 7, 2021
Visit site
I think PowerMyMac is very useful. Last time I used it to uninstall the software, it was very clean and there were no residual files. It's much more convenient than going to the system to find the residual files and then deleting them.

I think this person is either the biggest fan of this software or, more likely, a paid shill. But don't take my word for it - do a Google search for "RebaBarker PowerMyMac". So many articles written (and comments made on unrelated articles) about it. Posts on forms advocating it (or defending it in the face of skepticism).

It's like, if you're going to shill for something that hard, at least change your username each time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711