Is this an issue with Finder or the external drive?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
No, video and photos both. It’s usually happening with few specific folders.

Last few times after copying pasting files I disconnect both drives. After reconnecting I clear quick look cache before accessing the drives and so far I haven’t faced the thumbnails issue.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm really not sure why it does that.

At this point, it sounds to me that there's a defect in the Quick Look component of macOS. Something among the lines of it processing files before they're fully on the drive.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help Ed. Really appreciate it. I think you are right - it probably has something to do with macOS Quick Look. Maybe an update will fix this? Let me see if I run into any more issues.

Meanwhile, can you help with me another problem. Few days back I had installed free touchbar app from Github called Pock. It didn't work as expected and I uninstalled it. But since then the volume and screen brightness controls on my touchbar has vanished. Everytime I need to change the brightness or volume I have to go to the control centre. Any ideas?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile, can you help with me another problem. Few days back I had installed free touchbar app from Github called Pock. It didn't work as expected and I uninstalled it. But since then the volume and screen brightness controls on my touchbar has vanished. Everytime I need to change the brightness or volume I have to go to the control centre. Any ideas?

It's been a while since my MacBook Pro's Touch Bar was functional. You can quickly modify it or reset it to its default set (same process as modifying): https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mchl5a63b060/11.0/mac/11.0

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Lol is that so? I quite like the touch bar - when it works! Shame they don't do much to improve it. Thanks for the link!

giphy.gif

And regarding the Touch Bar, mine has a hardware issue. It’s just not worth spending any more money on the laptop. I already spent close to the initial price of the computer for various repairs (some self-inflicted).

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
giphy.gif

And regarding the Touch Bar, mine has a hardware issue. It’s just not worth spending any more money on the laptop. I already spent close to the initial price of the computer for various repairs (some self-inflicted).

Oh wow. The link you shared helped me solve my touch bar issue. So thanks for that! How old is your machine?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR