Big Sur 11.1 update

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Now - for the most part, iMac, iPhone, iPad function as one in many areas. That's a first for me, despite using all of these separately and in a series of upgrades & updates since 2012

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Now - for the most part, iMac, iPhone, iPad function as one in many areas. That's a first for me, despite using all of these separately and in a series of upgrades & updates since 2012

By saying, one in many areas, Can you pls kindly eloberate in what term ? Example maybe ?

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I’m curious about the tv enhancements. What kind of enhancements ? Is it the same with ios, with only some tv categories ?

I really wish apple improve the movies purchased management. We can’t create any playlist without not having movies downloaded. It’s silly. I can’t even manage to categorize the movie bundle series

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
By saying, one in many areas, Can you pls kindly eloberate in what term ? Example maybe ?

What seems to be 'improved a lot' since the Big Sur Update is A/ messages & Reminders now synch properly and quickly. Anything working through iCloud now is fast again and most other functions on iMac is like new. I updated from Mojave, which my iMac shipped with new - I purchased it a year ago. Then I tried to update in to Catalina 3 times unsuccessfully and simply gave up as it was functional but disappointing for a brand new machine. Remember though that I live where supply chain can be shakey and support is simply not always there for many things people in the big countries have long been used to. So if something is working 'acceptably' one is often out on a limb if wishing to 'fine tune'.
B/ As an aside, when I did the update, all my other  devices were up to date, but I did follow the prompts to enable 2 factor authentication on my Apple ID. I also changed the password. Those actions generated a host of other prompts and warnings which I dealt with one by one, some of which might have been things which were 'playing the fool' with the syncing and general performance. So at least for now I'm again a happy camper.!!

Last edited:

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
What seems to be 'improved a lot' since the Big Sur Update is A/ messages & Reminders now synch properly and quickly. Anything working through iCloud now is fast again and most other functions on iMac is like new. I updated from Mojave, which my iMac shipped with new ( I purchased it a year ago. Then I tried to update in to Catalina 3 times unsuccessfully and simply gave up as it was functional but disappointing for a brand new machine. Remember though that I live where supply chain can be shakey and support is simply not always there for many things people in the big countries have long been used to. So if something is working 'acceptably' one is often out on a limb if wishing to 'fine tune'.
B/ As an aside, when I did the update, al my other  devices were up to date, but I did follow the prompts to enable 2 factor authentication on my Apple ID. I also changed the password. Those actions generated a host of other prompts and warnings which I dealt with one by one, some of which might have been things which wee 'playing the fool' with the syncing and general performance. So at least for now I'm again a happy camper.!!

Thank you for your explanation :)

All I noticed with BigSur are ...

Odd name
Fresh interface ios alike in some way
Better os management (maybe ? Dunno)
Some possibility that iOS app can be available for macOS as well

For your point B, I think the 2FA and such notification already available since previous version

Anyway, it’s good you are happy. That makes me happy as well LOL

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your explanation :)

All I noticed with BigSur are ...

Odd name
Fresh interface ios alike in some way
Better os management (maybe ? Dunno)
Some possibility that iOS app can be available for macOS as well

For your point B, I think the 2FA and such notification already available since previous version

Anyway, it’s good you are happy. That makes me happy as well LOL

Yes th iOS/ OS influence is obvious. The 2 factor issue in the past had nothing to do with iOS or OS but was apparently an  conflict between where my phone is based and where my Apple Account is. Suffice to say the I'm glad it's been ironed out hopefully now for good. I love the Caribbean but some of the advances afforded the mothership of the developed world haven't quite trickled all the way down to smaller places with smaller customer bases. Again, this goes well beyond not only Apple!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73