Need help for a friend

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
A friend posted this on Facebook. I don’t have any clue on what to tell her but I thought I would check here on iMore. Here’s her question:

After two hours on technical support with NO help, can anyone offer guidance? I am trying to use an online simulator for one of the courses I teach. It requires Adobe Air (which is no longer supported by Adobe). Apparently, Mac OS Catalina quarantines the download which makes an error "Adobe Air Framework is damaged and can't be opened". There is supposedly a workaround but I can't figure it out. Without Air, the simulator won't download and, of course, I and half of the students have Macs. Any ideas? Grasping at straws here. Of course my summer online teaching bliss couldn't last.....sigh.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, this is helpful.

In June 2019, Adobe announced it would begin transitioning ongoing platform support and development to HARMAN. Adobe will continue to provide support for Adobe AIR (versions below 33) until the end of 2020, when ongoing support for Adobe AIR will be managed by HARMAN.[19]

The latest stable release is v33.0.2.338 that was released 5 months ago on Dec. 5, 2020

Source

HARMAN

Adobe Support

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully, this is helpful.

In June 2019, Adobe announced it would begin transitioning ongoing platform support and development to HARMAN. Adobe will continue to provide support for Adobe AIR (versions below 33) until the end of 2020, when ongoing support for Adobe AIR will be managed by HARMAN.[19]

The latest stable release is v33.0.2.338 that was released 5 months ago on Dec. 5, 2020

Source

HARMAN

Adobe Support

Thanks D!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods