Alternative to “Photos”

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I’ve postponed updating my OS because I have a very large iPhoto catalog and iphoto works well for me in terms of organizing my photos. I don’t want to pay a monthly fee for the amount of storage I would need to use “photos “. Is there another program you recommend? I’m willing to pay a one time fee but don’t want a subscription model. One of the things I really like about iphoto is that it automatically splits my photos into events so I have monthly albums. Thanks in advance.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve postponed updating my OS because I have a very large iPhoto catalog and iphoto works well for me in terms of organizing my photos. I don’t want to pay a monthly fee for the amount of storage I would need to use “photos “. Is there another program you recommend? I’m willing to pay a one time fee but don’t want a subscription model. One of the things I really like about iphoto is that it automatically splits my photos into events so I have monthly albums. Thanks in advance.

There’s Google Photos, which is nice.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
In my opinion, take a deep dive into the features in Photos in iOS 13. I personally think it’s a small price to pay the fee for the features offered. That said it’s not my money so it’s easy for me to say. Google Photos is a solid app and allows access any and everywhere so personally that would be the only option I’d consider.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I neglected to mention that I like to keep my photos stored on an external drive locally and not in a cloud. The cloud feature is also why I never migrated to Photos from iphoto.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I got the 256 gig version of this for when I’m on photo locations with no WiFi or LTE signal:

SanDisk 256GB iXpand Flash Drive... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUH9BE...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3171390

Also, everything is heading toward the subscription route. Microsoft already does it with Office 365 and Windows will probably follow. Most of the apps in the App Store are free with a ton of ads, or pay the subscription.

You can embrace it now, or resent it when it’s forced upon you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods