Catalina: Active Corners Feature Missing

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I used the lower left active corner to quickly display some 'widgets' like eg the calculator, calendar etc.
I noticed that this did no longer work after Catalina upgrade, but the other corner functions still did. So I found that these 'widgets' were gone from the selection menu to set the active corners.

This is very unfortunate, as I used this feature extensively.

Omission? If yes, why? Bug? Simply forgotten? Or is there any believable explanation or logic behind that?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you referring to "Hot Corners"? If so, they work fine on my MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina? I have the bottom left corner set to show the notification screen and as as soon as I place the cursor in that particular corner, the notification screen appears.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this is what I used, and what I will miss. No good news this got removed. Why? I think it was useful, and it was there already.
As stated in my post, the other active/hot corner features like eg notification screen still work.
Only Apple knows why, but I suspect that only a very small fraction of users were using Dashboard, developers weren't keeping widgets up to date, or perhaps there were other (security?) reasons that Apple decided to remove Dashboard.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2