mac OS Catalina beta 1

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded - post any thoughts here! (surprised there wasn't a thread for this already, apologies if I somehow missed it).

Anyone experiencing this issue btw:
-My desktop icons are gone on my MacBook Pro. When I go into iCloud Drive I have "Desktop" and it has everything that should be there; however, on "my computer" my desktop is empty and there are no icons actually on my desktop.

Not a be-all-end-all since the files are still there, in iCloud drive, but just annoying. Hopefully stuff is downloading and will appear?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have it installed in my MacBook Pro, but I really haven’t played with it due to my focus being on my iPhone at the time. I work from home today so I’ll definitely play around with it.

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I installed yesterday, the initial install failed and I had to restart my MacBook, but then it installed no problem. Of course I had to wait a bit while everything catalogued again, which caused the spinning beach ball a few times. To be expected. So far though, no real issues using it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Update: I’ve been using my MacBook Pro running the new macOS Catalina all day and I think I’ve experienced one crash with regard to the settings. Other than that, it’s been smooth sailing. Well done, Apple...

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Big issue is still my desktop not loading - I think it's some iCloud Drive issue (although thankfully it isn't affecting my iMac (on Mojave) or my iPhone or iPad (both running iOS 13/iPad OS 13).

The desktop issue has severely messed up the OneDrive app - I'm taking my computer into the Microsoft store tomorrow to see if they can troubleshoot the issue on OneDrive's part or to at least try and wipe the app off of my Mac and re-install [onedrive.com is working perfectly, and I can access my OneDrive files directly from Word/OneNote/Excel, so there are definite workarounds, I just can't risk my OneDrive files disappearing...]

davecatherall

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
So far the only thing not working is the "unlock with Apple Watch", tried disable and re-enable, still not working. Touch ID working though.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So far the only thing not working is the "unlock with Apple Watch", tried disable and re-enable, still not working. Touch ID working though.

Try rebooting your computer. The reason I say that is because the unlock with Apple Watch feature is working flawlessly for me with the new macOS Catalina beta. With that being said, I did not update my Watch to watchOS 6.

davecatherall

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Try rebooting your computer. The reason I say that is because the unlock with Apple Watch feature is working flawlessly for me with the new macOS Catalina beta. With that being said, I did not update my Watch to watchOS 6.

That did it, turns out I hadn't restarted yet since installing Catalina. I also haven't installed WatchOS 6.

Bijutech1

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I’ve got the MacBook Pro 2018 model and I can’t install the beta on it what am I doing wrong and what should I do

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve got the MacBook Pro 2018 model and I can’t install the beta on it what am I doing wrong and what should I do

Have you installed the beta profile for it? If so, reboot your Mac and then check for an update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen