Serial Number

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have an old Mac Mini server and I have lost the original serial number. Not realizing the serial number was missing and not in the box, I went ahead and erased the drive and attempted to reinstall OS X Snow Leopard server. I have the original install DVDs but no serial number.

During the initial setup, it does ask for the serial number and I can't find any way to get pass this screen without a number.

I was going to sell the computer which is why I am installing a fresh copy of Snow Leopard server.

In this case, Terminal doesn't work during the initial setup.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I found this on Apple's Support Site:

"Find the serial number of your Apple product
Learn how to find the serial number of an iPhone, iPad, iPod, HomePod, Mac, or other Apple product.

Check here first
Depending on the product, you can find your serial number:

On the surface of your product.
In iTunes, if your product syncs with iTunes.
On a Mac, by choosing About This Mac from the Apple menu.
On an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPod, or Apple Watch, in Settings > General > About.
If you don't have your product or it won't turn on
If you have your product's original packaging, you can check the barcode to find the serial number.
If you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or iPod, you can get the serial number from the Devices tab in iTunes preferences.
You can also find your product's serial number on the original product receipt or invoice.

You can also choose a product below for details about finding the serial number:"

Source Link

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I am not talking the serial number of the device. In fact, I am not talking about an iOS device. I am referring to a Mac Mini Server and the OS X serial number.

The serial number I need is the OS X number. Usually it starts with XSVR-106-000-r-xxx-xxx-xxx......