Handoff Issues

SteveDT

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
Hello everyone! Is anyone else having difficulty getting Handoff to work under Mojave? Even with this week's update, I cannot get my iPhone X and MacBook Pro to "see" each other... Thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone! Is anyone else having difficulty getting Handoff to work under Mojave? Even with this week's update, I cannot get my iPhone X and MacBook Pro to "see" each other... Thoughts?

Heck no. Handoff works very well for me in my 2017 MBP running macOS Mojave. I’m assuming you’re using the same Apple ID and are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

SteveDT

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
Yes on both... I can AirDrop photos or a Safari webpage from my X to my MBP, but as far as the Handoff functionality, totally non-existent. It's strange. I was chalking it up to being on Mojave Beta, but I guess that's not the issue if you guys aren't having any issues.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes on both... I can AirDrop photos or a Safari webpage from my X to my MBP, but as far as the Handoff functionality, totally non-existent. It's strange. I was chalking it up to being on Mojave Beta, but I guess that's not the issue if you guys aren't having any issues.

Nope, it’s definitely not the beta because I’m pretty much in beta builds year round. When i receive phone calls and I’m in my MBP, I answer the call via my MBP and talk without having to use my iPhone. When I’m viewing something on my iPhone via Safari, it’ll display on my MBP when selected.

Anyway, if you haven’t already, I would closely go over the instructions via the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

Sr IF365

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
Best way to fix handoff or Instant Hotspot issues is to remove and add your devices from iCloud, I’m not talking about turning off iCloud on the devices but going to you account and actually remove the devices. REMOVE AND ADD ONE DEVICE AT A TIME because upon readding you will be prompted for a code on the other device. So make sure all devices are connected to WiFi and on your iPhone go to SETTINGS and the very first option on top should be your picture and Apple ID, ICloud, etc... click that and on the bottom of the next menu you will see all your devices. Remove and readd your computer, after removing within a minute or so your computer will request to login to your Apple ID and that’s how you readd a device. After readding if you want you may restart your devices, usually not necessary but keep them connected to WiFi, takes some minutes for things to work again. If not try to remove and add you phone using your computer...
Good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox