What, why, when, and how to get macOS Mojave

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
What is macOS Mojave?

macOS Mojave is Apple's newest version of the desktop and laptop operating system for Mac computers. Every year, Apple comes up with a new name for its operating system and this year is no different. This year's update has lots of big features, including a systemwide dark mode, Mac App Store redesign, and better Privacy and Security options. Below are more details about everything new coming in macOS Mojave.

Why macOS Mojave?

Well, it looks like the team that names macOS every year decided to come down from the mountain and head to the desert - hence, Mojave, which is a desert

When can I download the official version of macOS Mojave?

macOS 10.14 is available as a beta for developers right now. If you're not a developer you'll be able to download it for free this fall.

If you plan on downloading the developer beta, be smart about it: If you only have a single Mac, make sure you create a partition to run beta software or install on a secondary Mac you don't rely on for everyday use.

The final version — the public version that is no longer in beta — will be available this fall as a free update in the Mac App Store.

More from the macOS Mojave FAQ - https://www.imore.com/macos-1014-faq

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Im actually installing it as we speak. There’s approximately 20 minutes remaining before the installation is complete on my MacBook Pro. Hopefully, the new OS will perform well when finished. We’ll see soon enough.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Im actually installing it as we speak. There’s approximately 20 minutes remaining before the installation is complete on my MacBook Pro. Hopefully, the new OS will perform well when finished. We’ll see soon enough.

I'd love to but I use my MBP for work so I'll probably wait for the official release.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox