Quicktime Errors for everything...

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone offer me any help with QuickTime? I have an iMac and a MacBook Pro and neither one of them can save video files in quicktime after they have been edited. Every single time I try to save a file or export a file I get "This Operation cannot be completed." It doesn't matter what type of video file it is, nothing will save or export.

It can't be something wrong in my OS as these machines are separate and the MacBook Pro is basically running a completely clean version of High Sierra. The iMac is older but also running High Sierra.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is here? I've looked all over the web and see that others have the same issue but don't seem to have a fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What sort of video files are they (i.e., format)? What is the source (how did you acquire or record them)? What sort of editing did you do (trim the start or end, remove a clip from the middle, combine multiple clips [and are the multiple clips the same format as each other]?) What format are you trying to use to save them (i.e, are you trying to transcode them to another format)? I wonder if it is either a copy protection/DRM issue? I'd think that we'd need more information...

Also, if you can play the edited file back: If you click the share control in the playback controls box, and choose something like "email", does it actually add the video to an email message as an attachment, and can you then right-click the attachment to save to your computer?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
What sort of video files are they (i.e., format)? What is the source (how did you acquire or record them)? What sort of editing did you do (trim the start or end, remove a clip from the middle, combine multiple clips [and are the multiple clips the same format as each other]?) What format are you trying to use to save them (i.e, are you trying to transcode them to another format)? I wonder if it is either a copy protection/DRM issue? I'd think that we'd need more information...

Also, if you can play the edited file back: If you click the share control in the playback controls box, and choose something like "email", does it actually add the video to an email message as an attachment, and can you then right-click the attachment to save to your computer?

Thank you so much for the email tip. For whatever reason that works. Really weird, seems like there is a major bug in there somewhere that Apple needs to fix. Thanks again!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there seem to be quite a few things that Apple needs to fix. I remembered that I found that fix online somewhere when I had a similar issue, trying to cut ads out of a TV show I recorded a year or two ago (legally.) It may be, if you asked them, that they'd suggest using iMovie to edit video files, though.

fruss47

May 25, 2021
Visit site
Found a number of forums claiming QuickTime Pro would run on High Sierra. So after downloading QuickTime 7 I opened it and it works fine, but when I enter my QT Pro Registration Code the only option it gives me is a "Buy QuickTime Pro" button, which I'd already done.

With no other choice I clicked it hoping to find a link to Apple and resolve the issue. Found that the link was inoperative (“Safari Can't Find The Server”). Has anyone had a similar experience and is there a solution? Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2