Ethernet adapter stopped working??

Hurban

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I have been searching the web for a problem that is very similar to something that happened with El Capitan a few years ago talking about a bad malware-protection. I was wondering if this could be the case with High Sierra?

My problem is that although Network acknowledges my ethernet/thunderbolt adapter (showing it as green), the web-browser is not picking up. It is very strange as it seemed to work flawlessly, but all of a sudden I cannot use the ethernet. I can still use the wi-fi from the router and my colleague is using a direct ethernet-connection from the same router without any problem.

Any ideas?

Best wishes,
Hurban

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have been searching the web for a problem that is very similar to something that happened with El Capitan a few years ago talking about a bad malware-protection. I was wondering if this could be the case with High Sierra?

My problem is that although Network acknowledges my ethernet/thunderbolt adapter (showing it as green), the web-browser is not picking up. It is very strange as it seemed to work flawlessly, but all of a sudden I cannot use the ethernet. I can still use the wi-fi from the router and my colleague is using a direct ethernet-connection from the same router without any problem.

Any ideas?

Best wishes,
Hurban

Greetings and salutations. Welcome to iMore.

What adapter are you using? I went through two before I have the one I use now.

Anker USB-C Unibody Aluminum Portable 1-Gigabit Ethernet Port Network Adapter, 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbps - Amazon

Also, when you get a moment, head on over the the new members area and introduce yourself:

https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73