As stated in the thread title, does anyone uses the Apple Configurator 2 program to supervise their personal devices or the devices of their families? Just wondering.
    01-27-2018 01:05 PM
    Wot ?
    01-27-2018 01:08 PM
    Wot ?
    For more information about Apple Configurator 2, please visit the site via the following ink.

https://support.apple.com/apple-configurator
    01-27-2018 01:27 PM
    Nope.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-27-2018 02:57 PM
    Nope.
    I’m going to test it out using my iPhone 8.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-27-2018 03:25 PM
    I’m going to test it out using my iPhone 8.
    I think I'll let it launch then start reading. May change my mind but not likely.
    01-27-2018 03:27 PM
    I think I'll let it launch then start reading. May change my mind but not likely.
    I hear ya. I just like tinkering around with various things. You know how it is.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-27-2018 03:28 PM
    I use it for work as I do MDM and this helps a bit with one of the iPad fleets I manage. But I couldn’t imagine it’s usefulness for personal devices. I can’t think of a use case in which it would benefit one to use for just one or two devices.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-27-2018 08:16 PM
    I use it for work as I do MDM and this helps a bit with one of the iPad fleets I manage. But I couldn’t imagine it’s usefulness for personal devices. I can’t think of a use case in which it would benefit one to use for just one or two devices.
    Yeah, we use it at work for the same purpose you mentioned, but I disagree with it not having a use for personal devices. I mean, I don't see a problem making it as difficult as I can for an unauthorized person to use my phone as their own. Is it overkill? Sure it is, but hey, I'm a techie....
    scruffypig likes this.
    01-27-2018 08:32 PM
    Yeah, we use it at work for the same purpose you mentioned, but I disagree with it not having a use for personal devices. I mean, I don't see a problem making it as difficult as I can for an unauthorized person to use my phone as their own. Is it overkill? Sure it is, but hey, I'm a techie....
    Lol. Yea to each their own. Apples security features serve me well for that purpose on my personal device.

Though I’d be interesting in your process for securing your device through Configurator beyond what you can do outside of it? I may be missing something useful I can utilitize on my kids devices.
    01-27-2018 09:57 PM
    I have played around with previous versions for this very reason. I didn’t know there is a new version. I might just download it and play around if my aging Mac will allow it.
    04-14-2018 12:01 PM
    I have played around with previous versions for this very reason. I didn’t know there is a new version. I might just download it and play around if my aging Mac will allow it.
    Even if it doesn’t allow it, your devices are still supervised with the current version. Just in case, have you allowed for the profile(s) to be removed with a passcode?
    04-14-2018 12:38 PM
    Even if it doesn’t allow it, your devices are still supervised with the current version. Just in case, have you allowed for the profile(s) to be removed with a passcode?
    I have done that before with the previous version of configurator. It worked ok. I just tried downloading the latest version of Apple Configurator 2, and it looks like I need OSX 10.12 High Sierra. My MacBook is too old. I am running El Capitan.
    04-19-2018 02:14 PM