macOS High Sierra Dev Beta 1

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For all that have installed the dev beta 1 of High Sierra - discuss it here!! What bugs have you found? What is really great? What are your initial impressions??

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Still seems like macOS. Haven’t had much time to play around yet. So the only issue I’ve found so far is unlock with Apple Watch seems to be broken.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m probably gonna wait for the second round of betas... I tried installing when it first came out and it crashed my MacBook Pro (2015 model). Thankfully I had a backup. Apple had my computer for 2 days, they even had trouble erasing data and wiping it...

Too much trouble for not a major update (for my daily use at least).

Will be looking out for the second or third beta. Currently enjoying iOS 11 on my iPad Pro and iPhone!

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Firefox performance is terrible.
Terrible lag when selecting bookmarks from dropdown menu.
Appears to be some kind of menu animation lag.
First time ever seeing a kernel panic on a macbook as well.
Do NOT install this on your daily driver. It's buggy as hell!

portgordon

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Blocking of 3rd party Kernel Extensions is causing me some grief. The option to approve / allow blocked extensions doesn’t appear at all for me (within settings). Which means they’re essentially permanently blocked until the next beta hopefully fixes it (feedback logged). Anyone else seeing this?

portgordon

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Blocking of 3rd party Kernel Extensions is causing me some grief. The option to approve / allow blocked extensions doesn’t appear at all for me (within settings). Which means they’re essentially permanently blocked until the next beta hopefully fixes it (feedback logged). Anyone else seeing this?

This is unfortunately still an issue for me as of Public beta 4 - anyone else seeing this and know of a work around?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2