Huge problem updating macbook pro

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
If it continues to sit there for another hour or so, then I would say stop it and wait for a bit to start it over. Apple's servers are probably overwhelmed with all the updates to the Beta programs and other updates they have pushed out the last couple of days. This could be the hold up. Have had this happen to me and a few hours later it works just fine.

szymunk

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
If it continues to sit there for another hour or so, then I would say stop it and wait for a bit to start it over. Apple's servers are probably overwhelmed with all the updates to the Beta programs and other updates they have pushed out the last couple of days. This could be the hold up. Have had this happen to me and a few hours later it works just fine.

But what does it have with servers? I already downloaded it, it's on my disk (I assume), just to install it...

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
The servers could have download a bad file for you because they are slow or busy. Stop it, move it to the trash and download it again. I have been there and had this happen to me before.

szymunk

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
The servers could have download a bad file for you because they are slow or busy. Stop it, move it to the trash and download it again. I have been there and had this happen to me before.

I solved it!
Restarted the macbook and it finished the installation process itself!
Thanks for attention tho

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I know that I'm late to this party. I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro. El Capiton never would load. Said the files were fragmented. Sierra though loaded in buttery smooth and actually help speed up the boot up process.

Posted via the iMore App for Android