Are we getting stiffed with Photos on iOS macOS?

eseerc

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Let me get this straight..... we live in a world where humans can put a remote control car on Mars, but we're unable to utilize the "Faces" data I have within Photos for macOS to integrate into the new "Faces" feature for iOS?

Am I missing something or is the Faces feature between iOS and macOS completely segregated?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Let me get this straight..... we live in a world where humans can put a remote control car on Mars, but we're unable to utilize the "Faces" data I have within Photos for macOS to integrate into the new "Faces" feature for iOS?

Am I missing something or is the Faces feature between iOS and macOS completely segregated?
You do realize that macOS is in the early beta stages, and by the time it's officially released, you might be able to do what you're seeking to do?

eseerc

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
You do realize that macOS is in the early beta stages, and by the time it's officially released, you might be able to do what you're seeking to do?

Perhaps, but it was directly noted in the WWDC Keynote that the face groupings and other photos extras are device specific.

Face recognition, object recognition, clustering and sorting by person, date, and place. All of this mirrors what Google Photos has done since last year, with the crucial difference that Apple’s machine learning smarts all take place locally, on your device.

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
That's what's being advertised at the moment. I'm reserving judgement until we get closer to the finished product. It does seem like a stupid thing to have not work together. Hopefully it's something they've already figured out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner