Siri coming to macOS!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why, but actually kind of pumped about Siri coming to OS X, er... sorry, macOS! It's nice to see how everything is coming together, from tvOS, watchOS, iOS and macOS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With the exception of maybe having Siri search for a file, I would have to force myself to make use of it on a Mac/MacBook. Interacting with Siri on an iPhone tend to feel more natural than I think it would on a Mac, but I'm only speculating...:)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm excited too but "Hey Siri" on a Mac, along with some improved AI, would be a game changer.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Regarding Siri coming to macOS Sierra...
For some reason this scene from the movie Star Trek IV comes to mind, the one where Scotty and Dr. McCoy are undercover visiting a plant in an attempt to procure (successfully) 'transparent aluminum.' Scotty ends up interacting with a Mac, using voice input at first....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v9kTVZiJ3Uc

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm always either on the phone, in meetings, listening to podcasts/music & almost in all circumstances working from shared work environments.

Given this, I'm not sure how useful Siri on my macOS device will be. But i'll give it a shot, would be nice that everything that Siri can do via voice, if we could type the same commands.

On iOS an example of where this is needed, "remind me of this" will magically create a reminder with a link to the email/web page/etc item that you are looking at. Without using Siri, you can use this feature, rather annoying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods