Automated Screen capture app?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. I was wondering if there are any apps to take screen shots of a video automatically every 5 seconds, or every 10 frames? I have been searching for a while but haven't made any progress. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I have not found an app that can do what you need. I would love to have one as well. My solution was recording my iPhone through QuickTime and doing the editing on my Mac. This will work on PC's as well, you will just require QuickTime for Windows or a similar app. This works well for me and I find it to be a good workaround until an app like you or I require becomes available. Hope this will help you. Here is the process:

QuickTime Player

This option is what I recommend to record iPhone screen or iPad screen. All your need is:

• An iOS device running iOS 8 or later.
  • A Mac running OS X Yosemite or later.
  • Lightning cable.

Here are the steps to do it:

1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac via the lightning cable.
  2. Open QuickTime player.
  3. Click File then select ‘New Movie Recording’
    5.png
  4. A recording window will appear. Click the little arrow of the drop down menu in front of the record button, then select your iPhone or iPad
    3.png
  5. Select the Mic of your iPhone if you want to record music/sound effects
    4.png
  6. Click the Record button. Now perform the tasks on your iOS device that you want to record
  7. Once done tap the stop button and save the video.

Tip: by hitting Cmd + T you’ll be able to directly trim your video before saving it, so you only keep the relevant part of the recording.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I have not found an app that can do what you need. I would love to have one as well. My solution was recording my iPhone through QuickTime and doing the editing on my Mac. This will work on PC's as well, you will just require QuickTime for Windows or a similar app. This works well for me and I find it to be a good workaround until an app like you or I require becomes available. Hope this will help you. Here is the process:

QuickTime Player

This option is what I recommend to record iPhone screen or iPad screen. All your need is:

• An iOS device running iOS 8 or later.
  • A Mac running OS X Yosemite or later.
  • Lightning cable.

Here are the steps to do it:

1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac via the lightning cable.
  2. Open QuickTime player.
  3. Click File then select ‘New Movie Recording’
    View attachment 103261
  4. A recording window will appear. Click the little arrow of the drop down menu in front of the record button, then select your iPhone or iPad
    View attachment 103262
  5. Select the Mic of your iPhone if you want to record music/sound effects
    View attachment 103263
  6. Click the Record button. Now perform the tasks on your iOS device that you want to record
  7. Once done tap the stop button and save the video.

Tip: by hitting Cmd + T you’ll be able to directly trim your video before saving it, so you only keep the relevant part of the recording.

Wow! Thanks so much for the detailed guide. It has been most helpful. I hope somebody comes up with a dedicated app for this sooner than later.

One other thing though. I currently use Movist/VLC player for manually taking screenshots of videos but do you know of any way of doing it automatically, like in batches or over a pre-defined timeframe? I really appreciate your help firedept.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Wow! Thanks so much for the detailed guide. It has been most helpful. I hope somebody comes up with a dedicated app for this sooner than later.

One other thing though. I currently use Movist/VLC player for manually taking screenshots of videos but do you know of any way of doing it automatically, like in batches or over a pre-defined timeframe? I really appreciate your help firedept.

Me as well. Unfortunately no, but I am not saying it can't be done. I just don't have the knowledge to do it, if it is possible. I do it all manually. Wish I could have helped you more with that question. Maybe someone else will come along with an answer. I would not mind knowing if it was possible and how to do it.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Me as well. Unfortunately no, but I am not saying it can't be done. I just don't have the knowledge to do it, if it is possible. I do it all manually. Wish I could have helped you more with that question. Maybe someone else will come along with an answer. I would not mind knowing if it was possible and how to do it.

No worries mate. You've been a great help. Let's hope somebody else might shed some light into it. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro