Notes in OS x El Capitan NOT syncing. Can I get some assistance?

stublu

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Notes in OS x El Capitan NOT syncing.

Upgraded all Notes apps IOS & Mac. IOS to IOS sync perfect. iCloud Notes on Mac sync. Native Notes app on Mac shows new UI but not syncing. iCloud syncing 'whirly wheel' keeps spinning without updating.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Notes in OS x El Capitan NOT syncing.

Funny you mention this as a friend of mine just went through the same thing before his upgrade to El Capitan - I did not ask if it improved but mine worked before and still works after my update yesterday as well...Dont know what to say at this point?

b01dface

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Notes in OS x El Capitan NOT syncing.

Okay, I had the same issue. My iOS devices, my home laptop were syncing Notes just fine. But my work computer was failing to sync. Notes would crash regularly and the spinner would never go away from the side of the Notes app. The notes I created on this computer would never appear on my other devices, and vice-versa.

For me, the fix was as simple as:

1. Exporting (via copy and paste, lol) any notes that I had created on the problematic computer recently, that I wanted to keep around (some were basically scratched notes I don’t need any more)
2. Going to iCloud in System Preferences, unchecking Notes, and then re-enabling Notes
3. Wait a few minutes for sync
4. Holy bananas, everything actually synced and the spinner finally went away!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73