ElCap releases Sept. 30th

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Those that have been running the ElCap public beta can get the GM via the Mac AppStore under their Purchased tab...

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It seems solid. The only issues are a couple of card games that don't load... no big deal...

And Apple changed some of the security that causes Bartender to not be able to move menu bar items for native OS X apps without making changes.

From the Bartender site:

As of OS X El Capitan beta 2, with the new System Integrity Protection feature in OS X, Bartender requires you to perform additional setup steps to allow it to control Apple menu bar items (System Items) such as Notification Center, Spotlight, WiFi etc.
Full instructions are available at Setting up System Item Control in OS X El Capitan following these steps will allow Bartender to control system items, and still have System Integrity Protection Enabled.

I am very happy with the state of El Capitan.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The Bartender work around was easy though.

My issue is that Bartender doesn't properly hide the OS X stuff when it launches as tart of the restart. I have to kill it and restart Bartender to make it behave.

Also, both El Capitan GM and iOS 9 GM have seriously borked Fantastical 2... waiting on fixes for both OS X and iOS versions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro