Can I get some help with some problems with reverting back to Yosemite from El Capitan?

I

iMore Question

Problems with reverting back to Yosemite from El Capitan

I am an *****....i upgraded to El Capitan from Yosemite on my main hard drive....I backed up everything via Time Machine which i thought was a good thing. I then decided to revert back to Yosemite since I didn't like El Capitan. I backed it up via Time Machine again and tried to revert back to Yosemite from one of my Yosemite Time Machine backups....Now when I try to boot, it starts booting like normal, but then starts over again....after doing a lot of searching on the internet it seems that I have to erase my hard drive in order to start over and then try to restore via a Yosemite Time Machine backup. (I read about someone who tried to restore a Yosemite time machine backup and only half of his data reloaded because El Capitan had changed the file structure of ALL his time machine backups....what is the best way to go about this? i have made a Yosemite USB drive from my other mac. I didn't want to erase the main hard drive, but it looks like there is no other option....any suggestions would be great! thanks

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problems with reverting back to Yosemite from El Capitan

I have not had a file structure issue from restoring my time machine back up. I have done this 3 times so far. Not problems at all.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Problems with reverting back to Yosemite from El Capitan

This sounds like some fluke occurrence...I had no problems restoring 2 different machines back to Yosemite at all. Both went smooth as butter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2