I'd like to subscribe to a cloud back-up service. There are several to choose from, and I'm finding it difficult to sort them out.

It is important to me to have old versions of my documents saved. The only two services which do this without limitation are SOS Online Backup and OpenDrive.

So my question is, does anyone have experience with SOS Online Backup? Does it work as advertised? Does it silently run in the background without killing CPU and network? Is recovery straightforward? Basically anything any of you can say would be really helpful.

Alternatively, do any of you use a different cloud backup service and have things to say about it?

Thanks a million.
    05-03-2015 02:42 PM
    I use iCloud and I'm very happy. . . . However, if you are considering using SOS, just know if you have iOS devices you'll have to perform manual backups--according to their website.
    Last edited by Bigeric23; 05-03-2015 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Typo
    05-03-2015 03:05 PM
    If use iCloud and I'm very happy. . . . However, if you are considering using SOS, just know if you have iOS devices you'll have to perform manual backups--according to their website.
    Thanks Bigeric. I also use iCloud and am also happy, but it provides no versioning. I.e., if you change a document, it does not save previous versions of the document.
    05-03-2015 03:30 PM