How do I stop iPhoto from opening on top of iTunes?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
iPhoto

My iPhoto is possessed!!! I have followed the Apple guidelines to have iTunes open when i plug in my wife's iPhone. So, iTunes opens correctly, and about 10 seconds later, iPhoto opens on top of iTunes. Kind of like they're both fighting for position. Anyone have a cure for this? Thanks.:confused:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhoto

Open the Image Capture app (part of OS X you may need to look in Utilities folder) while iPhone is connected. There should be a selection on what action to take when the phone is connected. It probably says iPhoto. Change it as appropriate. There may be a similar setting in the preferences within the iPhoto app as well-not quite sure if it's there though.

No good. I checked, and both our settings, and both are Macs are the same. It must be the iPhoto demon, forcing it's way onto my screen.:concern:

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhoto

Agree that the iPhoto behavior is annoying. I turned off the auto open when iDevice plugs in feature long ago (via what KarenK mentioned). That setting must have stuck across OS upgrades as I'm still good on Yosemite.

There appears to be a way to turn off iPhoto towards the page bottom in this link https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6605115 (2nd post from last on the first page). I didn't read all four pages, though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner