Is Yosemite working well on the Macbook Mid 2009?

smogg9

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
yosemite on macbook mid 2009

hey folks, i was wondering if someone here has a macbook from mid 2009 updated with mac os x yosemite, because im curious about this updates (seems really cool and a kind of fresh new look) but since the hardware is kind of old (2 gbs or ram, 2.13 intel core 2 duo) im a bit skeptical.

my biggest concern is not performance, which i think i can bump it a lil bit buying more ram, but also is the wi-fi connectivity issues. i still got my mac running on Mac os X 10.8.5 because when i installed mavericks my wifi wasnt working and i had no way of fixing it.

i just want to know if its ''safe'' to update without drivers issues. i know i should ''upgrade'' to a newer mac instead, but i dont have that amount of money.

With that being said, i wish you all a good day.

Pittsburgh1967

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: yosemite on macbook mid 2009

I have a White early 2009 MacBook and Yosemite runs great. I have 4gb Ram and a full gb at any given times seems to never get used when checking Activity Monitor. I am having trouble with the Wifi but this seems to be a bug with lots of people. So upgrade and enjoy.

smogg9

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: yosemite on macbook mid 2009

Damn, idk why apple doesnt fix that wifi problem.. its not worth it to update if i cant connect to internet via wifi. My router is far away from my bedroom, thanks tho

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR