OS X Yosemite- Back to OS X Tiger ?

Do you like the design direction OS X is going ?

• Total voters

oswegonative

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
OK, I know I'm going to get flamed here .... but does anyone feel we're kind of going full-circle here and going back to the flat OS X Tiger days ?

I know Yosemite is supposed to be about the melding of iOS and OS X with OS X now strongly influenced by iOS.

Is this a trendy move, or do you think Apple will stick to this flat design and stick with it for the foreseeable future ?

Granted, I've barely had a chance to try out Yosemite other than for 10 minutes on a friend's laptop.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
They will stick to flat design IMO. More and more engineers from iOS are pulled to OS X team to blend the OS so that end users don't feel odd while using either of the device. I think it's a good approach!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not at all...this feels fresh, and 100% inline with iOS. I'm completely and totally satisfied with their design direction.

Same here. Yosemite looks great on my MacBook, and hopefully, it'll perform as well as it looks.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used anything prior to Mavericks but I'm loving the new look in Yosemite. It really just pulls iOS and OSX together to make one awesome uniform ecosystem.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I am indeed loving the new look of OS X so far. I cannot remember what Tiger looked like, but companies often go back and forth between designs of their products, just look at cars as an example. Beautiful OS based on my experience with it so far. Far less buggy than Mavericks was too.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, my MacBook came preinstalled with OS X Leopard so I didn't get the opportunity to experience OS X Tiger.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox