Has anyone figured out how to turn on Dark Mode in 10.10 yet?

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Are you all finding many irritating bugs with the new OS update? I am considering downloading the beta

Sent from my iPhone 5S

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Par for an osx beta, but wifi dropping is really annoying. It's happening to me repeatedly in small amounts of time.

And I can't just reconnect. I have to turn wifi off and back on.

Yeah that sucks! I haven't had to turn it off & back on yet but that would be very annoying. Hopefully wifi connection will be something that gets fixed with the update.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have complete internet drops ... Shows connected to my router, I have to restart my machine in order to get it back. This has happened twice, hopefully the next beta will be out soon.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have complete internet drops ... Shows connected to my router, I have to restart my machine in order to get it back. This has happened twice, hopefully the next beta will be out soon.

My guess is there will be at least one more developer beta before the public beta starts. I expect a new Yosemite very soon. The Mountain Lion and Mavericks “AppleSeed” updates were coming every 2-3 weeks, and at some point, weekly. On the other hand, Yosemite is pretty new, so they may be more/less frequent at the start.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
so i just downloaded and installed and I see that aesthetically its nicer but what features are available now that i am missing? Also I set up the family share and added my husband- I can see the family calendar but he can't

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
so i just downloaded and installed and I see that aesthetically its nicer but what features are available now that i am missing? Also I set up the family share and added my husband- I can see the family calendar but he can't

Did he set up family sharing also?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes thanks. Just had him do that. Any other new features I'm missing? Can't seem to text non iMessage people.

I was excited for quick reply so I really haven't had a chance to play with anything else. I'm not aware of any messaging issues. I've had a few delays but messages are coming through pretty good. Did you send a bug report?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was excited for quick reply so I really haven't had a chance to play with anything else. I'm not aware of any messaging issues. I've had a few delays but messages are coming through pretty good. Did you send a bug report?

I played with the quick reply and iMessages come through no problem but when I try to send to a non apple (green bubble people) it says they are not a registered iMessage person.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
will the non iMessage work if I haven't updated my phone to iOS 8? Cause I haven't and wonder if thats why it isn't working

Jim Kardach

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I got iMessage to send an SMS to a non-phone. To work, I had to have my notebook and iPhone on the same WiFi network. If the notebook was connected via Ethernet, and the phone on Wi-Fi, then it would give the user is not registered error.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR