The "Handoff" feature of OS 10.10 & iOS 8

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Handoff is something that I wanted since we were teased about a similar tap feature with webOS that never got past the Demo

Looks like I have to buy an iPad after all

You mean Touch To Share? That made it to the TouchPad, but the 2.2.4 update wasn't released for the Veer, so no TTS between it and the TP, but it works with the Pre3

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
to send text messages to non iPhone people from mac on Yosemite does your iPhone need to be updated to iOS 8?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You mean Touch To Share? That made it to the TouchPad, but the 2.2.4 update wasn't released for the Veer, so no TTS between it and the TP, but it works with the Pre3

Correct but since the Pre3 didn't fully release it was basically a tease

How did it work for you I had a Veer but like you said it wasn't available

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
My largest issue is that my icloud account is not the same as the account at which i receive my iMessages. Once Apple finally decides to allow the merging of the two accounts (purchased Apps forever with one account, but already had a mobileme account too), then I'll be able to use this flawlessly.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
to send text messages to non iPhone people from mac on Yosemite does your iPhone need to be updated to iOS 8?

Your phone doesn't have to be updated, just your computer.

Edit: My bad, I forgot both my phones are connected to iMessage on my MBA. I thought it was just my 4S & not my 5S. So your phone probably does have to be updated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods