If you would want the best of both worlds or have the need for 2 operating systems on one computer, The main question is - Can this be done as the title of the thread says or not? If yes what would be the reason for doing so be and how can it be done?
    04-02-2014 01:45 PM
    Used to be one could go the "Hackentosh" route... but I believe there are specific hardware hooks/checks that the OS looks for certain bits of hardware to provide the OS a bit of data that's hard-coded into the hardware to render side-loading impossible.
    04-02-2014 01:48 PM
    You can still build a Hackintosh I believe but you have to be very particular about what components you put in it to make sure OSX has the drivers for it. You're much better off buying a Mac and using Bootcamp to load Windows on another partition.
    kch50428 likes this.
    04-02-2014 05:05 PM
    Used to be one could go the "Hackentosh" route... but I believe there are specific hardware hooks/checks that the OS looks for certain bits of hardware to provide the OS a bit of data that's hard-coded into the hardware to render side-loading impossible.
    You can still build a Hackintosh I believe but you have to be very particular about what components you put in it to make sure OSX has the drivers for it. You're much better off buying a Mac and using Bootcamp to load Windows on another partition.
    So it sounds like for the sake of others that might be curious about this and both of you know about it, Would it be safe to say it would not be worth it?
    04-02-2014 07:37 PM
    So it sounds like for the sake of others that might be curious about this and both of you know about it, Would it be safe to say it would not be worth it?
    If you like building your own PCs it's definitely possible. But for the average non-techie, not recommended.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    04-02-2014 07:42 PM