How do I save on imovie? (Mavericks)

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
How do I save my project when using imovie? I've looked at a few YouTube videos and read a few articles searched on Google. I still can't get any solid answers. Anything helps. Thank you.

53N7 FR0M M4 0N3 MAX

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
iMovie automatically saves your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is working on a project for her dad's retirement party. She wants to know where it actually saves. Seeing the actual file helps the mind. Does it save to the MacBook or to the cloud?

53N7 FR0M M4 0N3 MAX

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My wife is working on a project for her dad's retirement party. She wants to know where it actually saves. Seeing the actual file helps the mind. Does it save to the MacBook or to the cloud?

53N7 FR0M M4 0N3 MAX

I believe it's the files are stored in user>Movies>iMovie Library. I believe you can also use the export feature to move it on an external drive as well. However don't quite me on this as I'm an iMovie novice and have only messed around with it.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I believe the files are stored in user>Movies>iMovie Library. I believe you can also use the export feature to move it on an external drive as well. However don't quote me on this as I'm an iMovie novice and have only messed around with it.

Oops double post

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Here's what she sees. [URL=http://s767.photobucket.com/u...hot 2014-03-09 at 12.35.05 PM_zpskwnxoruj.png[/URL] [/URL] There's nothing in those folders

53N7 FR0M M4 0N3 MAX

I believe it's all stored in the iMovie Library file itself like Aperture stores all your pictures in an Aperture Library file.

Once you import it it's all stashed in the library, you aren't going to get any type of fine tune control or RAW file view unless it's Final Cut Pro

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I'll relay the message to her. Looks like I'll be buying final cut soon. Thanks for the help

53N7 FR0M M4 0N3 MAX

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I'll relay the message to her. Looks like I'll be buying final cut soon. Thanks for the help

53N7 FR0M M4 0N3 MAX

Make sure that's something you need to do, I use it for actual production work. It's a $299 program. I use it for work so it's an investment, for you it may or may not be

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
In short, you don't. The project file itself is auto-saved, and is of no value to you except for editing.

For consumption, you need to export/publish the video. You can do this under File->Share->File... (or whatever option you prefer under share) or using the Share icon.

That's not much of a different workflow than FCP by the way.

How do I save my project when using imovie? I've looked at a few YouTube videos and read a few articles searched on Google. I still can't get any solid answers. Anything helps. Thank you.

53N7 FR0M M4 0N3 MAX

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods