How do I tell Apple Maps for OS X Mavericks to avoid toll roads?

DanielLui1

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,
As the title suggests, I'm trying to figure out how to tell Apple Maps for Mac to avoid toll roads whenever I lookup an address with directions. I've done Google searches trying to find the answer but with no luck. Can anybody help? Thanks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There really isn't a preference setting to do that on AppleMaps. Can't find it on Google Maps on iOS either... Some 3rd party apps do have the ability to set avoiding toll roads as a preference...

DanielLui1

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope Apple fixes that in a future update but in the meantime, while we wait and see if that will be fixed, is there a third party maps app that you would recommend for the Mac?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Being that I've been into personal navigation since before smart phones could do it... I still have and use a stand-alone Garmin Nuvi, and it has BaseCamp that can be used to plan routes and send to the Nuvi, and can avoid toll roads... and for the iPhone & iPad... I have/use Navigon - which is for me most like using a Nuvi - and Navigon allows for allowing, avoiding, or forbidding Toll Roads when routing... but it's not a Mac App...

Last edited:

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
There really isn't a preference setting to do that on AppleMaps. Can't find it on Google Maps on iOS either... Some 3rd party apps do have the ability to set avoiding toll roads as a preference...

There option is there on Google Maps on iOS. After you search an address and look up the different route options, there's a gray bar that says "Route options" underneath your destination address. From there you can avoid tolls, highways, and ferries.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
There's a workaround if you already know some of the route. You could just choose the second or third route if it doesn't have tolls

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There option is there on Google Maps on iOS. After you search an address and look up the different route options, there's a gray bar that says "Route options" underneath your destination address. From there you can avoid tolls, highways, and ferries.
This is due to Google's app having been updated since I made the comment you quoted...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner