How do I send maps from OS X Mavericks to my iPhone / iPad?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello iMore,

To send a map from OS X Mavericks to your iPhone / iPad you simply click the share button on the top right hand corner of the information window, there you will be prompted to share your map with you iPhone or iPad. Have any of you used this feature yet? What do you think?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-21 at 10.04.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-21 at 10.04.33 PM.jpg
    782.7 KB · Views: 7

eradicator2k14

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I've use it multiple times. Works seamlessly. If I'm in the living room and I left my iPhone in the bedroom to charge, I'll iMessage from my Mac and, if need be, send any Maps directions to my iPhone. Pops up like any other notification and it opens right up on my iPhone :). Really cool and effective.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna use this thread for a related issue instead of opening a new one, hope that's fine. That service worked just fine for me (could both send to iPhone and Pad with one click, which I think is a great function) until I swapped my iPhones and now the new one just won't pop up in the list of phones to send it to. That's in spite of having the new phone completely integrated into the iCloud account, iTunes account, plugged it to the Mac and all. It's in fact using the exact same account settings as the two devices that show up in Maps... but it won't work for the new Phone. Any ideas or suggestions how I might be able to fix it? :huh:
cheers

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'll just answer my own question if anyone ever stumbles across this and needs the same help; go to your settings and log out of iCloud. It's painful on your Mac because you'll have to do a couple more clicks than on an iDevice, but it's worth it. Log back in and start Maps again and an updated list of your devices should be popping up. Fixed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2