Almost three weeks on and I still can't stop staring at my desktop

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been having a love affair. You guys were right when you told me the iPod Touch would suck me down the rabbit hole. It's been a gorgeous toy and is now my main camera but man oh man, I think I was in the Apple store within 3 days buying a Mac Mini. I used Mac OS and OS X throughout school but hadn't used an Apple computer in about ten years before buying my Mini. Thoughts...

- The dock is way more useful than I thought it would be. I haven't really tailored it to my uses yet (I still use launchpad to pull up most of my apps) but I vastly prefer it for switching windows on my opened programs

- FILE MENU FILE MENU FILE MENU Good god, if it isn't broken don't fix it.

- Safari is an amazing browser and part of me thinks it's criminal that it is really only available on OS X/iOS

- Wow, all my iOS apps are integrated and my launcher works as easy as a tablet software launcher but for some reason I still have a normal computer desktop and not a hideous tablet desktop grafted onto a computer.

Loving the Unix base as I am familiar with Unix CLI via being a longtime Ubuntu user (it powered my laptop through grad school)
Apple premium is worth it alone for having a Unix-based OS that I'm not constantly having to tinker with to get running on my hardware. I love you Linux but geez

- I don't maximize windows anymore because of the dock (and probably because with a 24'' 1080p LED I just don't need to) and I found that even when I go back to Windows I use a dock now (and had to go find a 3rd party gadget since MS "disabled" gadgets because they were a security flaw?!?! wtf lol)

Thought I'd share after years of switching between being angry and jealous because Apple stuff was a bit out of my price range. If Chrome OS taught me anything though, it's that specs don't really matter as long as your software is optimized for your hardware.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't miss Windows at all. Still use it at work (thankfully Win7). Been months since I've fired up my Win7 VM since moving back to iOS. Only used the VM to run Odin and related Root/ROM tools that weren't available for OS X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods