I've purchased a couple of books via the iBooks app, but it's been a while. I read them when I had my iPad 2. As I've stated numerous times, I prefer to read ebooks via my Kindle. Having said that, how many of you read via the iBooks app on your Mac running OS X Mavericks? Is it more comfortable for you to read via your Mac as opposed to your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch?
    10-28-2013 03:11 PM
    I'm in the market for a new MacBook and I do not see myself using it for iBooks. All I use for iBooks is my iPad. Maybe because of the convenience of just resting the iPad on my legs or holding it up and switching pages without using a mouse/trackpad. It already feels uncomfortable just describing it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-28-2013 03:31 PM
    I attempted to read one of the books via IiBooks on my MacBook that I had already read, and it just didn't feel right to me.
    10-28-2013 04:12 PM
    I tried reading on my MBP but I couldn't do it as comfortably as I can on my iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-28-2013 05:32 PM
    If I didn't already have an iPhone and iPad (well actually I am iPad-less for a few days until the Air comes out since I sold my 4), then I would probably use it. But otherwise not really.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-28-2013 07:12 PM
    I attempted to read one of the books via IiBooks on my MacBook that I had already read, and it just didn't feel right to me.
    Feel free to send me that MacBoo if it doesn't feel right, D.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-28-2013 08:08 PM
    Nope. I use kindle on my kindle, iPad, and iPhone.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-28-2013 08:55 PM
    I used all three (iPhone, iPad & MBA) with the Kindle app so I guess I'll do the same with iBooks

Good Luck
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-28-2013 09:09 PM
    I've copied 'my' (that is to say leased, not actually owned) iBooks over to my MacBook Air. Might use it - like I might use my Kobo Books app - but its not the most ideal reading form. The original intent of the purchases was for my iOS device and commuter/in transit reading. Truth be known, I'm not dead keen on virtual books, but I 'get' the portability thing. If anything, I'm using the app as a means to backup the ebooks to another destination.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-29-2013 07:11 AM
    I might, but I would want a MacBook Pro because with the Air, the pixels really are an issue when it comes to trying to read a book on a computer. It's kind of odd. It depends on what type of book I suppose.

It's a good idea though. Because for the first time, I actually started shopping for books to read.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-29-2013 07:14 AM
    I do.

It's nice to be able to preview a sample directly on your Mac, instead of having to jump to the iPad to preview it.
    Moreover, I have no issue reading a book on the screen (13" Retina).
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-29-2013 07:55 AM
    I just got a rMBP and plan on downloading one of my books that is in the cloud to see if I would like reading on it at night. I don't have an iPad at this time as I sold it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-29-2013 08:30 AM
    Nope! Im a kobo guy and I have a dedicated reader. That or use my tablet
    10-29-2013 09:43 AM