How Many People Are Using the iBooks App on Their Macs running Mavericks?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've purchased a couple of books via the iBooks app, but it's been a while. I read them when I had my iPad 2. As I've stated numerous times, I prefer to read ebooks via my Kindle. Having said that, how many of you read via the iBooks app on your Mac running OS X Mavericks? Is it more comfortable for you to read via your Mac as opposed to your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new MacBook and I do not see myself using it for iBooks. All I use for iBooks is my iPad. Maybe because of the convenience of just resting the iPad on my legs or holding it up and switching pages without using a mouse/trackpad. It already feels uncomfortable just describing it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I attempted to read one of the books via IiBooks on my MacBook that I had already read, and it just didn't feel right to me.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I've copied 'my' (that is to say leased, not actually owned) iBooks over to my MacBook Air. Might use it - like I might use my Kobo Books app - but its not the most ideal reading form. The original intent of the purchases was for my iOS device and commuter/in transit reading. Truth be known, I'm not dead keen on virtual books, but I 'get' the portability thing. If anything, I'm using the app as a means to backup the ebooks to another destination.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I might, but I would want a MacBook Pro because with the Air, the pixels really are an issue when it comes to trying to read a book on a computer. It's kind of odd. It depends on what type of book I suppose.

It's a good idea though. Because for the first time, I actually started shopping for books to read.

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I do.

It's nice to be able to preview a sample directly on your Mac, instead of having to jump to the iPad to preview it.
Moreover, I have no issue reading a book on the screen (13" Retina).

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got a rMBP and plan on downloading one of my books that is in the cloud to see if I would like reading on it at night. I don't have an iPad at this time as I sold it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.