For some reason unknown to me I have these random popups on websites when browsing. There's a "drop down deals" popup within the page when I'm shopping online for example and constantly gets in the way.

Other times I will click a link on a webpage and a new window opens and it's a redirected ad page.

What gives with this? I love using Safari and syncing between my devices but this is super annoying when browsing on my computer. Is there a setting or feature I'm missing to fix this?
    10-25-2013 08:06 AM
    For some reason unknown to me I have these random popups on websites when browsing. There's a "drop down deals" popup within the page when I'm shopping online for example and constantly gets in the way.

Other times I will click a link on a webpage and a new window opens and it's a redirected ad page.

What gives with this? I love using Safari and syncing between my devices but this is super annoying when browsing on my computer. Is there a setting or feature I'm missing to fix this?
    Command , to open the Safari preferences then go to the Security tab and there is an option to block popup windows.
    10-25-2013 08:11 AM
    Command , to open the Safari preferences then go to the Security tab and there is an option to block popup windows.
    Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem with the in page ADs or bringing the popups in the new tab, not a new window.
    10-25-2013 08:19 AM
    Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem with the in page ADs or bringing the popups in the new tab, not a new window.
    Close Safari and reopen after applying that setting.
    10-25-2013 08:24 AM
    That was the first thing I did.
    10-25-2013 08:25 AM
    I believe I've figured out the problem. The drop down deals is some type of adware connected to a yontoo extension in safari that I have no idea how it got there.

All looks to be fixed now.
    10-25-2013 08:32 AM
    I have this problem on my mac and i don't know what to do, i have downloaded a few things but i don't think it would cause the problem. when I'm browsing things like Mackeeper and stuff pop up? can anyone help me with this problem
    09-23-2014 12:47 PM
    Unfortunately I am currently having the same problem. Have you fixed it yet? Could you possibly help me at all?
    11-28-2014 06:36 PM
    I have the same issue with my mac It is so annoying when it randomly opens mackeeper and stuff like that. I don't yet know how to fix it, did u fix it???
    11-29-2014 06:20 AM
    Hi,

I had the same problem, so i download a program called "AdwareMedic" and after one scan and delete the malware from the Mac, thats solved the problem for a little while.

But what i found out was the my router, was using a DNS setting that i didnt knew.

So i change it my correct DNS setting, and thats solve the pop ups all my devices that was using my WiFi.

Hope that help.
    Last edited by Abdi Abdullah; 01-14-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    01-09-2015 06:46 PM
    A friend of mine got infected by the 'MacVX' virus, with symptoms similar to what you have described. It is highly aggressive, installing itself onto all common browsers.

Search for 'Remove MacVX Ads from Apple Mac OS X' on google for removal instructions.
    02-20-2015 01:36 PM