Mavericks GM Feedback

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
As most folks interested in the matter already know, Mavericks GM has has been released and many folks have already installed it and are giving it a go. Sound off here with any feedback you have on it. We're sure to see the official versions released soon. If you're not sure what Mavericks is all about, then check out our full on preview so you know what to expect - OS X Mavericks preview | iMore

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone notice the new sparkle effect for new apps? it's cheesy but I enjoy it lol. A lot of the things I still want and some I probably will never get are still there. The dock swap for multi-monitor setups happens too fast. I am constantly doing it inadvertently so for a new user I can see that becoming annoying and requiring a call to tech support. My Windows are still opening shifted when the focus is on my second monitor but the app is set to open in the primary window. I still occasionally have an issue where the Mail app will not quit and I have to force quit it. I have submitted all of these things but they are either not high on the list or they are just the way things work now.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I’ve seen issues with rules not always working properly in Mail. This is especially true of new rules created in response to an email that I have just received. I see the new mail and decide that I need to create a rule. So I open Preferences > Rules and create a new rule. When I am done with the parameters, triggers and actions, I click "save rule" and am prompted with "do you want to apply the rule". In Mountain Lion and previous, the new rule would be applied and the action would be taken on the new email. Under Mavericks, that doesn’t happen. However, email that I get in the future that meets the rule criteria does trigger the action.

Certainly not a show stopper, but somewhat frustrating, nonetheless.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I haven't done the betas and therefore installed today without any expectations: I'm very impressed.
Subtle changes in design, quick responding to notifications, Maps, emoticons for iMessage ( :D ) , Safari looking very sharp.
By and large great stuff for my 3 year old MacBook Pro. I keep trying to convince myself that the time for a new Mac has come, but then Apple keeps chucking this free stuff at me and pretty much makes my old ****ty model feel adequate again. Such a tough life :crying:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner