Mavericks Notifications: SMS receive/send from iPhone?

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I know that Mavericks will send and receive iMessages via Notifications.

What I would like to know is, if my iPhone gets an SMS, AND I'm sitting next to my Mac, can I set it up where I can send and receive SMS messages via the Mac?

It would seem to be a simple connection via the same wi-fo network, or bluetooth, to allow such a feature.

If not, is there an existing program that will do that?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No, you can't do SMS as that is handled by your cell provider and your Mac (regardless of the version of OS X) does not have a sim card in it.

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Apparently my question is still not being understood.

I'm looking for a link between my phone and computer where SMS texts received by my phone will show on my Mac as a notification (or otherwise). As a bonus, I'd love to respond to that SMS, where the Mac will send that data to the phone, and the phone will send the text out via cell service.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apparently my question is still not being understood.

I'm looking for a link between my phone and computer where SMS texts received by my phone will show on my Mac as a notification (or otherwise). As a bonus, I'd love to respond to that SMS, where the Mac will send that data to the phone, and the phone will send the text out via cell service.

Not natively. There may be some apps that will do that... like GoogleTalk (which IS supported in OS X Message applet)... stuff like that... but not just using native apps on iPhone/OS X.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234