Mavericks Beta 3 just dropped...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys find that without the Linen background the login screen is a little bland? I wish they would make it so that you could add custom backgrounds, like the Lock screen on iOS devices. Most people already have wallpapers on their desktop so they have images already formatted for the screen res. It would just be so damn nice to set a custom image on the login screen, I have before on both Lion and ML it was awesome.

Yeah, maybe a bit... but then, if I’m sitting in front of my laptop, I am not sitting on the login screen more than a few seconds... it’s not a big deal, either way... but it’s always nice to be able to add a graphic (easily)... I remember some convoluted gyrations that were required to change the background on the login screen on (I think) Lion... but, as I said, I am not there long enough to make doing a cumbersome task worth the effort.

And when the screen is locked, I see my current background image behind the login box... THAT's where I’d probably notice it more - after the screensaver kicks in, and then you want to get back to work... that login / screen is locked page...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, maybe a bit... but then, if I’m sitting in front of my laptop, I am not sitting on the login screen more than a few seconds... it’s not a big deal, either way... but it’s always nice to be able to add a graphic (easily)... I remember some convoluted gyrations that were required to change the background on the login screen on (I think) Lion... but, as I said, I am not there long enough to make doing a cumbersome task worth the effort.

And when the screen is locked, I see my current background image behind the login box... THAT's where I’d probably notice it more - after the screensaver kicks in, and then you want to get back to work... that login / screen is locked page...

See even though it's only a few seconds while you login I still think having a bland screen sucks. I mean Windows 8 has it for gods sake come on Apple spice it up a little. I think it's something that allows a person to customize their experience right off the bat. It's a way for Apple users to see another person's Mac and feel that link but also maybe they see an image they like and it creates a social aspect to it. When I had images on my ML login screen I had a few people come up and comment or ask me about it. Like you said after my screensaver kicked on I went to login and it was showing the Mavericks wallpaper with my login screen and ligh bulb if they don't want to allow custom backgrounds at the very least use this image. It's not bland, it speaks to the OS being used, it's vibrant and just looks good.

IMG_5381.JPG

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I wonder when DP 4 will drop? I heard some rumors iOS 7 beta 4 will be out July 25 wonder if they will continue the trend and release DP 4 the same day? Hopefully iBooks will be in it this time and some of my bugs will be worked out.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I wonder when DP 4 will drop? I heard some rumors iOS 7 beta 4 will be out July 25 wonder if they will continue the trend and release DP 4 the same day? Hopefully iBooks will be in it this time and some of my bugs will be worked out.

So far, that’s been the pattern. Last time a developer release of ML (10.8.5) dropped on Wed (7/3) and Mavericks dropped the following Monday (7/8). There was a new ML 10.8.5 beta that dropped yesterday... so as the Magic 8 Ball says: "Signs point to 'yes'".

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So far, that’s been the pattern. Last time a developer release of ML (10.8.5) dropped on Wed (7/3) and Mavericks dropped the following Monday (7/8). There was a new ML 10.8.5 beta that dropped yesterday... so as the Magic 8 Ball says: "Signs point to 'yes'".

LOL I can't wait

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox