Mavericks Beta 3 just dropped...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I had to go back to 10.8.5

Let me know how DP3 is. Maybe I will give it a spin again.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Safari improved quite a bit. Web content would crash on me constantly. Now, it hasn't yet. Exchange connectivity wasn't an issue for me since I use Outlook 2011. I refuse to use Apple Mail until they use active sync or EWS.

It's more stable than DP2.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Safari improved quite a bit. Web content would crash on me constantly. Now, it hasn't yet. Exchange connectivity wasn't an issue for me since I use Outlook 2011. I refuse to use Apple Mail until they use active sync or EWS.

It's more stable than DP2.

I was having issues with Exchange in Outlook on Mavericks. :(

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the built-in Apple Mail app from the beginning. Not thrilled with it, and there are certainly some issues, but it does work... not sure Outlook is that much better... and then there's the hassle of switching and migrating all my saved mail, etc...

There were some huge bugs in Mountain Lion Mail (10.8.0~10.8.3), but most of them were fixed by 10.8.4... so far, no new issues with 10.9 betas...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
One oddity... after installing the update to 10.9 b3, I noticed an update for Keynote, that I could not install. I originally purchased iWork '09 back when I got my first MacBook Pro (September, 2010)... and have installed it from DVD on my rMBP. But when I attempted to install the update, it refused, saying that it (Keynote) was already installed... so I removed Keynote and then the updated disappeared from the App Store updates page (as expected). Now when I look up Keynote in the App Store, it wants to sell me a new copy ($19.99).

I completely removed iWork '09 and reinstalled it from DVD... same results... very odd... but since I prefer MS Office, I just removed iWork again...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This a a pretty darn good build. This runs smoother than any build of Mountain or Mountain Lion ever did.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This a a pretty darn good build. This runs smoother than any build of Mountain or Mountain Lion ever did.

I was all set to agree before my wifi dropped out completely. Had to reboot cable modem and routers... perhaps related to the Airport update this afternoon to 6.3.1...

But otherwise, yes, very solid and very good stuff...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I was all set to agree before my wifi dropped out completely. Had to reboot cable modem and routers... perhaps related to the Airport update this afternoon to 6.3.1...

But otherwise, yes, very solid and very good stuff...

Maybe. No issues here yet and I just noticed the update. Just finished with that.

bgeorge

May 27, 2012
Visit site
does anyone know if you are able to make the notification popups stay longer active? right now i think its around 3 seconds then it goes away.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know if you are able to make the notification popups stay longer active? right now i think its around 3 seconds then it goes away.

There’s no setting in System Preferences / Notifications, if that’s what you’re asking... it seems to work exactly as it does in Mountain Lion.

bgeorge

May 27, 2012
Visit site
There’s no setting in System Preferences / Notifications, if that’s what you’re asking... it seems to work exactly as it does in Mountain Lion.

yeah thats what i was wondering, I couldn't find anything figured I would ask. Would be nice if we could have that though IMO.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm loving DP3 I never had any issues in the other builds but just loving Mavericks in general. All the bugs I submitted still exist except my iTunes recognizes my devices again which is great. In DP 2 it stopped recognizing them the only way I could sync was to use Wifi sync.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys find that without the Linen background the login screen is a little bland? I wish they would make it so that you could add custom backgrounds, like the Lock screen on iOS devices. Most people already have wallpapers on their desktop so they have images already formatted for the screen res. It would just be so damn nice to set a custom image on the login screen, I have before on both Lion and ML it was awesome.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner