OSX 10.8.3 released

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Details will apparently be at: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5612

The 10.8.3 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:

- The ability to redeem iTunes gift cards in the Mac App Store using your Mac's built-in camera
- Boot Camp support for installing Windows 8
- Boot Camp support for Macs with a 3TB hard drive
- A fix for an issue that may cause Logic Pro to become unresponsive when using certain plug-ins
- A fix for an issue that may cause audio to stutter on 2011 iMacs
- Includes Safari 6.0.3

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not seeing much difference. I'm curious what has changed in Safari.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

About OS X 10.8.3 Update

Safari 6.0.3 is included in the OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.3 Update and contains fixes that improve performance, stability, and security, including:

• Improves scrolling on facebook.com
  • Improves scrolling while zoomed in on a webpage
  • Improves performance on webpages with plug-in content
  • A fix for an issue that could cause the inaccurate appearance of an alert that bookmarks can't be changed
  • A fix for an issue that could cause duplicate bookmarks to appear on an iOS device after editing bookmarks with Safari in OS X
  • A fix for an issue that permitted users to access unfiltered search results when searching from google.com when Parental Controls are enabled
  • A fix for an issue that could prevent Safari from restoring the last position on a webpage a user navigated back to

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
So basically no one will notice a difference. I was curious if there would be anything we would notice. Oftentimes there will be small changes notices after updates like this that don't make the release notes. Guess not this time around.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So basically no one will notice a difference. I was curious if there would be anything we would notice. Oftentimes there will be small changes notices after updates like this that don't make the release notes. Guess not this time around.

Like you, I haven't noticed anything to this point.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Facebook seems to be scrolling better... :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I’m just happy that I can reply from the address to which the original message was sent without having to manually enter it. About freaking time.

That.Is.All.
Carry. On.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I updated shortly after Keith posted that there was one and the download & installation went fairly quick. I can only assume that a majority of people are currently updating.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Question. When I downloaded the update it was 548Mb, JustMeD's screen shot had the update at 249Mb and karenkcoulter's post stated 800Mb. Why the huge differences in file size? Just curious.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm still waiting for them to add back the ability to use all our photos in the screen saver instead of only a single folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2